A man and a woman were killed and three pedastrians were stabbed on London Bridge on November 29. Police are still working to identify those who died.
The assailant in a fake suicide vest,carrying out the attack was named by police as 28-year-old Usman Khan, who was out of prison on licence at the time, having been convicted for terrorism offences in 2012.
Neil Basu, Scotland Yard’s assistant commissioner, said that Khan was “known to authorities” after being convicted in 2012. He had also been fitted with an electronic tag to monitor his movement since being released from prison on licence in December 2018, The Times newspaper reported.
Khan, who was from Stoke-on-Trent, in 2010 was arrested in a major counterterrorism operation, alongside eight others who had formed an al-Qaeda-inspired terror cell.
Khan was shot dead by police after members of the public restrained him. Passersby were widely praised by political leaders and others for showing “extreme courage”.
Police are carrying out searches at an address in Staffordshire where Khan had been living.
This morning, a police search believed to be linked to the London Bridge investigation is being carried out at a three-storey block of flats in Wolverhampton Road, Stafford, close to the town centre.
The UK police has declared the stabbing near London Bridge terror-related. Several people were injured, but at the moment the gravity of wounds in not made public. The suspect shot dead by police at scene, while wearing “hoax explosive device”.
At present neither of Islamists groups has claimed the attack, however the experts say in its style it is ISIS “inspired”.
There were some reports in social media about pedestrians, attempting to disarm the assailant, and they have succeeded.
The Mayor of London Sadiq Khan thanked the emergency services, police and the “members of the public, who risked their own safety this afternoon – they are the best of us”, he concluded, asking Londoners to stay vigilant at all times.
Reportedly a terroristic group Islamic State claims responsibility for London attack. The information appeared on the site of Amaq news agency – the outlet is often the “first point of publication for claims of responsibility by the group.” (Photo: illustration).
In wake of London terrorist attack #LondonBridge and #BoroughMarket, taking live of seven people, and leaving at least 48 injured behind, the EU politicians offer their condolences to the UK. Unlike the US President Donald Trump, who reacts upon the terrorist attacks to reshape the American immigration policy the incidents in Europe have no influence of migration policy of the EU, insisting on futher reception and relocation of massively arriving by Mediterranean sea illegal migrants. Currently the US administration is attempting to reduce terrorist peril through prohibition of inflows from seven Muslim countries deemed a ‘threat to national security’ – namely Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Sudan, and Somalia. While the EU is threatening to fine Poland and Hunary for not accpeting the reloaction quatas for migrants.
The EU top diplomat Federica Mogherini, limited herself to expressing of love for London. Mogerini is an active promoter of ‘political Islam’ in Europe.
“Islam holds a place in our Western societies. Islam belongs in Europe. It holds a place in Europe’s history, in our culture, in our food and – what matters most – in Europe’s present and future. Like it or not, this is the reality.”, – said Mogherini in her address word at ‘Islam in Europe’.
Prime Minister Beata Szydlo said she will not bow afther the EU threatened to impose fines on Poland for ‘failing’ to participate in re-location of migrant plans of the EU.