Six orphans of Islamic State jihadists who were being held in Kurdish camps in northeastern Syria were repatriated to Belgium , the Belgian foreign minister confirmed. (Image above: broken doll).
(NB! Any relevant images of violence, and executions committed by ISIS children will be blocked by Facebook. We have replaced them by a photo of broken doll to be able to publish the article in social media).
“The six children have just arrived in Belgium from Syria,” Didier Reynders announced via his Twitter micro blog.
The children, who are between the ages of six and 18, “are now being monitored and accompanied by the youth support services and the competent local prosecutors,” he adds.
Former Secretary of Migration, a prominent Belgium politician Theo Francken condemned the relevant authorities decision to repatriate ISIS orphans from Syria, questioning whether they really were orphans and arguing it could lead their parents to return to Belgium as well.
Vlams Belang party reacted with three words: “No. Never. Never” to the ambivalent decision of the judges to repatriate ISIS orphans, in spite of the fact that they are indoctrinated at very early age.
“Children played with the decapitated heads, but I didn’t,” Abas (16) told . “My father forbade me.” “We have seen many executions,” Saad said. “We came across them. It all happened in the middle of the street” according to Haaretz newspaper reports.
“Isis in Syria and Iraq is systematically recruiting children as young as eight to become soldiers and suicide bombers, and exacts brutal punishment on those who defy them” Evan Williams reports in his documentary.
Guillaume Valette psychologically broken, ended his life two years after the attack on the Bataclan, in 2015. Justice has just recognized his status as a direct victim of this attack.
Guillaume Valette had never found inner peace. Survivor of #Bataclan, physically unharmed, but suffering from a severe state of post-traumatic stress, he hanged himself on November 19, 2017, in his room at the psychiatric clinic of Val-de-Marne where he had been admitted a month and a half earlier. He was 31 years old.
Two years after the tragedy of November 13, the Bataclan was again a theater.
The main suspect of the bomb attack in Lyon Mohammed H. a computer science student of 24 years, and three members of his entourage were arrested May 27 and placed in custody, announced the Paris prosecutor’s office and sources close to the ‘investigation.
The Algerian student, previously unknown to the police, according to officials, is suspected of having placed May 24 afternoon a parcel bomb containing bolts, screws and metal balls in front of a bakery, not far from the station of Lyon-Perrache.
“Here is an Algerian who enjoys with his family generosity of France (studies, social housing, etc.) and thanks by posing a bomb.
We must end the immigration and family reunification that put the lives of our children in danger!” writes regional Regional Councilor Agnes Marion.
The explosion, which left 13 injured, including eight women and a 10-year-old girl, has not been claimed at this stage.
According to a source close to the investigation, traces of DNA were found on the remains of the package and the explosive used was TATP, a very unstable craft substance used in particular in the attacks of 13 November 2015 in Paris.
Three French Daesh members sentenced to death in Iraq. (Image above: Baghdad).
Kévin Gonot, Léonard Lopez and Salim Machou – they are among the 12 French jihadists transferred to Iraq to for a trial.
The blasts in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday April 21 killed at least 290 people and left hundreds more injured. Search and rescue, victim identification have been carried out along with a counter-terrorist operation. The US Embassy in Colombo launched an ALERT, asking everyone to “remain vigilant, and report any suspicious activity to authorities immediately”.
- There were six suicide bombers involved in the explosions. So far, 24 suspects have been arrested in connection to the attacks.
- The FBI and Interpol are among the global agencies who are stepping in to assist the investigation.
- The Sri Lanka government may have had information about the attacks prior to the bombings. A minister claimed that US and Indian governments had warned of “something terrible,” but it’s unclear if any action was taken.
- More victims’ names and faces are emerging, among them 30 foreigners.
National Coordinator for Counter-terrorism and Security, Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg, said that the shooting incident in #Utrecht has all the characteristics of a terrorist attack. The threat level for the province of Utrecht has been raised to 5, the highest level in the Netherlands.
Mr.Aalbersberg is currently assuming one suspect, but does not exclude the possibility that there are more perpetrators. He did not want to say anything about the situation of the victims during the press conference. There is a massive search for the shooter.
A tram was fired this morning at 24 Octoberplein in Utrecht. There are several wounded, possibly one dead, the police say.
The municipality of Utrecht has therefore advised residents to stay indoors.
Mr.Aalbersberg said at a scheduled press conference that there has been a shooting at various locations. Earlier, the police had said that shooting was taking place in one place.
Searching for the perpetrator is a risky operation, Mr.Aalbersberg said. “The emergency services can now use all their energy to perform their task. That is why the threat level in Utrecht has been increased.” Raising the threat level is also intended to alert citizens.
A gunman has opened fire inside a tram and at several other locations in University city of Utrecht, authorities say.
Several people have been injured and one is feared to have died, Dutch media reports.
Public transport has been stopped.
Police said the gunman is still at large.
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said that her cabinet had made in conceptual decisions around the reform of gun laws following the mass shooting in Christchurch mosques.
“I intend to give further details of these decisions to the media and the public before cabinet meets again next Monday,” she said at a press conference.
“This ultimately means that within 10 days of this horrific act of terrorism we will have announced reforms which will, I believe, make our community safer.”
Prime Minister said an inquiry will trace the lead up to attack and what might have been done differently. (Image above: Jacinda Ardern wore the Hijab (headscarf) while lamenting the Muslim victims of terrorist attack and expressing condolences to their families.)